Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Yum!!! - On-Line Recipes

I love sauces because there are so many easy ones to make and you can use the same one on a variety of foods. Make a sizable batch of just one and you have the makings for many meals to come. Spicy Peanut Sauce is one of my absolute favorites and frequently occupies a space in my refrigerator. Spicy Peanut Soup with Chicken is a variation of the standard African dish, Peanut Stew. Of course, you can adjust both these recipes to your taste if you don't like it too hot.

When it comes to dining out, I am a true foodie at heart. Unfortunately, frequenting too many gourmet restaurants can get to be a bit expensive pretty quickly. The site for Bon appetit cooking magazine is where I go to satisfy my foodie cravings as well as my budget! And where do I go when I need a break from all that delicious but rich fare? I head for the South Beach Diet site, as well as, CookingLite.com for "skinny" recipes that don't taste like it. Amanda reminded me about the housekeeping magazines and those neat little recipe booklets that are often displayed in the check-out aisle at the supermarket. As all of us are frequently strapped for time, glancing at these for recipe suggestions makes for good use of it while you're having to stand in line anyway.

No comments: