Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Social Networking - A Library 2.0 Community

As I am currently involved in material selection for my institution, I see this particular social networking opportunity as a basic resource of new and improved ways for me to accurately ascertain our patrons preferences in this area. I am in the process of designing my own personal blog in hopes of reaching the Boston community and informing them of the many and varied titles which are available in our world music cd collection for their listening pleasure. To date, through this site, I have subscribed to Pro Blogger a neat little resource for blog design tips. In addition, there is ample opportunity here for interaction with my colleagues. Not only will I benefit from their ideas on ways to effectively use Web 2.0 technology within the library setting, but to also from their feedback with respect to some of mine. In my opinion, this site is a comprehensive and extremely valuable resource on this topic.

No comments: